(updated Fall 2023)
Every semester I will publish my goals, these are by no means a complete list of activities and goals. Some I’ve removed as appropriate for sensitivity reasons, and others will have become priorities since publishing.
Note – A few new items this semester. Mostly, my priority is to increase the number of completed projects for the room and establish a regular program of events and activities for the room. I am also looking at possible re-branding for the room, to increase awareness of our work, support more activities, and expand our audience.
Fall (Aug -Dec) 2023
- Trips & Speaking Engagement
- Personal Goals
- Developing Immersive Media for Teaching & Learning
- Role of TEL and CALL in Language Learning
- Working with students through Interdisciplinary courses.
WRITING GOALS: ARTICLES & PRESENTATIONS
- [ ] ACTFL Convention Nov 2023 – Chicago
- [ ] FLTMAG – https://fltmag.com/submissions/
- [ ] ALT Blog submission
- [ ] Stephan present at ICOR
WRITING GOALS: GRANTS
- [ ] NCFDD Course
- [ ] Research and teaching on creativity and uncertainty
- [ ] Research and teaching on immersive storytelling
- [ ] Develop more personal work – Doc/Immersive
Total Research/Writing Time = 16 hours/week.
I will teach around 5 hours a week, travel takes 2 hours a day, and the rest will be student meetings/appointments and office hours.
- 82.250 Digital Realities: Introducing Immersive Technologies for Arts and Culture
- Supporting x 2 – Independent Student Projects
Professional Development Workshops
- ML Faculty Workshop on teaching using immersive technologies
- Faculty and Staff Electives
- [ ] To have an ungraded course
- [ ] To develop capacity for uncertainty and failure
- [ ] Include IDeATe common learning goals
GLOBAL LANGUAGES & CULTURES ROOM
- [ ] Fall Program of Events
- [ ] Install showreel of immersive films (compile pieces for immersive room).
- [ ] Artist Commissions – postcards and work.
- [ ] Funding using the Immersive Cultural Innovation Fund
- [ ] rework and revise the website
- [ ] Manage Global Languages & Cultures Room Team
- Monthly check-in with mentors
- Regular check-in with Chair
- Department meetings
- Communications and Marketing Committee
- Learning Technologies Committee (CALL/TEL)
- Humanities@Dietrich Engagement Steering Committee
- Fulbright Scholars Committee
- [ ] CMALT (urgent) – Certified Membership of Association for Learning Technologies
- [ ] Update CV and website
- [ ] Ongoing Networking
- [ ] Ongoing social media and digital identity upkeep.
- [ ] The Spaces in Between – publish a newsletter once per week