Every semester I will publish my goals, these are by no means a complete list of activities and goals. Some I’ve removed as appropriate for sensitivity reasons, and others will have become priorities since publishing.
There are only a few changes and additions here. Some of the conferences have been updated. I don’t think I will apply for Playful Learning as I did last year, but I would like to attend the Sheffield Documentary Festival as a delegate instead.
SPRING (Jan -May) 2022
- Trips & Speaking Engagement
- Personal Goals
- VR Pedagogy – Reading/Writing and Service
- Design Thinking in Language Learning
- Working with students through Interdisciplinary courses.
WRITING GOALS: ARTICLES & PRESENTATIONS
- [ ] Sheffield Documentary Festival
- [ ] ACTFL Convention Nov 2023 – Chicago
- [ ] FLTMAG – https://fltmag.com/submissions/
- [ ] ALT Blog submission
- [ ] Stephan present at ICOR
- [ ] Preparing for Siggraph (June 2023)
WRITING GOALS: GRANTS
- [ ] Research and teaching on creativity and uncertainty
- [ ] Research and teaching on immersive storytelling
Total Research/Writing Time = 8 hours/week.
I will teach around 2.4 hours a week, travel takes 2 hours a day, and the rest will be student meetings/appointments and office hours.
- 82.288 Everyday Learning: Designing learning experiences in times of unrest and uncertainty – 7 week mini for IDeATe/Modern Languages.
Professional Development Workshops
- ML Faculty Workshop on teaching using immersive technologies
- Faculty and Staff Electives
- [ ] To have an ungraded course
- [ ] To encourage student confidence in uncertainty and failure
- [ ] Include IDeATe common learning goals
GLOBAL LANGUAGES & CULTURES ROOM
- [ ] Series of Open House events
- [ ] Install showreel of immersive films (compile pieces for immersive room).
- [ ] Artist Commissions – postcards and work.
- [ ] Funding using the Immersive Cultural Innovation Fund
- [ ] rework and revise the website
- [ ] Manage Global Languages & Cultures Room Team
- Monthly check-in with mentors
- Regular check-in with Chair
- Publish a new digital portfolio to support promotion.
- Department meetings
- Communications and Marketing Committee
- Learning Technologies Committee (CALL/TEL)
- Humanities@Dietrich Engagement Steering Committee
- Arts Greenhouse RA/Internship Program
- [ ] CMALT (urgent) – Certified Membership of Association for Learning Technologies
- [ ] Update CV and website
- [ ] Ongoing Networking
- [ ] Ongoing social media and digital identity upkeep.
- [ ] The Spaces in Between – publish a newsletter once per week